WE TEACH - YOU LEARN TO RIDE
We specialise in teaching people to ride from beginners to more experienced riders who wish to further their skills. We have superb staff and volunteers, a unique friendly atmosphere and offer a genuine individual personal service
The Riding School is approved both by the British Horse Society and the Association of British Riding Schools
Our fundraising so far this year & current news!
- The Curry Night held in March at the Wych Elm raised £1300.
- When Manny and Janet retired they kindly presented us with a gift of £500
- Kew College have made Barnfield RDA their charity for 2014/2015
- The Wych Elm Race Night raised £250
Our current fundraising is courtesy of the Wych Elm in Kingston, now under the watchful eye of Mike & Charlotte of the Canbury Arms. They have managed to obtain an enormous pumpkin, currently residing in the pub garden. The Pumpkin was donated by James who used Barnfield manure to assist the beast to grow to such an enormous size and all you have to do is stake a pound and guess it's weight. Vouchers for £100, £50 and £25 are up for grabs with the great weigh-in being held on the 3rd October so put your thinking/guessing hats on asap!
After the ceremonial dismemberment the pumpkin was weighed and prizes awarded. The total raised was £107. Well done to all concerned
To find out more about the Wych Elm please visit their website
Barnfield Junior Academy
Pony Club Evening - Tuesdays
New to Barnfield Riding is our Junior Academy
Learning how to own and care for your own pony - leading to a horse care certificate. Extra activities will include academy pony days during the school holidays.
The Junior Academy started in June and runs on Tuesdays from 4.30pm - 6.00pm (1½ hours) at a cost of £30 per session. Suitable for ages: 6 - 15 years places will be limited so if you are interested in your child taking part please contact: Patsy or Jacquie at Barnfield Riding School.
- Our group lessons have a maximum of four riders thereby ensuring your riding progresses quickly & they're probably the best value around Richmond Park
- We have wonderful hacking just a stones throw away - in Richmond Park and on Ham and Wimbledon Commons.
- Hard hats and back protectors are available for hire.
- Long rides are available regularly, and extra long rides on Bank Holidays. These can also be arranged for other times by appointment
- Regular group rides mix work and pleasure. Generally you spend a month working in the arena improving your style, then the next out hacking, enjoying the pleasure of the park. Book in for your regular time each week.
- Courses and Competitions are held regularly for adults and children
- Pony days and pony weeks for children are held during the school holidays
- We have a very active Riding for the Disabled Group based at Barnfield. Discounts are offered to disabled riders. To pay for this we hold fund-raising events throughout the year.
Telephone for more
020 8546 3616
Ask for a brochure Or pop in to visit us